Parent of a British Child

Fiancé Visa

Parent of a British child


If you are a parent of a child that lives in the UK and you live abroad, then this route is suitable for you.



To qualify, you would have to show the following:

  • You are a parent of a child who is under the age of 18 and the child must be either settled, British or has obtained leave under Appendix EU.
  • You either hold sole parental responsibility; or have direct access to your child who is not currently living with you but is currently living with a parent or carer who is not your partner.
  • Provide evidence that you are currently taking an active role in the upbringing of your child and that you will continue to do so upon entering the UK and residing with your child.
  • Provide evidence that you have the financial means of adequately supporting yourself and your child without recourse to public funds, in addition to providing suitable accommodation that does not contravene public health regulations.
  • You meet the English language requirement by providing evidence you have passed an approved English language test to a minimum level A1 or be a national of a majority English speaking country or relying on academic qualifications that is equivalent to a UK academic degree.


Grant of Leave

You will be granted 2.5 years leave to enter on this route and will need to extend your visa for a further 2.5 years prior to its expiry. You will on extension need to demonstrate that you continue to meet the above requirements. After spending 5 years on this route, you will be eligible to apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain in the UK.


To discuss this visa application with one of our immigration consultants, contact Sincere Immigration on 0203 877 0007 or email us at