Tier 5 Visa (Youth Mobility Scheme)

Tier 5 Visa (Youth Mobility Scheme)

This is a visa for individuals aged 18 to 30 from:

Australia Canada Japan Monaco

New Zealand Hong Kong Republic of Korea Taiwan


You can also apply if you are 18 to 30 and a:

British Overseas citizen

British overseas territories citizen; British national (overseas)


However, you can’t apply if you have:

Children who live with you;

Children you’re financially responsible for;

If you have already been in the UK under the scheme or in the former ‘Working holidaymaker’ category You won’t be able to bring your family member under this visa category


Note: For Hong Kong and the Republic of Korea citizen, you must get a certificate of sponsorship reference number before you can submit your application.



You must have £1,890 in savings under your name to be eligible for this visa.


How long is the visa validity?


You will be given a visa to live and work in the UK for up to 24 months. You won’t be able to extend your visa after this period.


How much will it cost?

The fee for this application is £235 and you will also have to pay the Immigration Health Surcharge fee of £300